Right then, here’s the important bit, Breakfast! You’ll see below that we haven’t skimped on the breakfast options but we’d still love to hear your suggestions, especially vegan and vegetarian ideas. We always have vegetarian bacon and sausage but aim to do more.
There is all the usual fare set out in the dining room; cereals, yoghurt, fruit, tea, coffee, toast, jam, marmalade and fruit juice.
We source as much as possible from local farmshops, butchers, bakers and Keswick market, the goal is to source everything from within walking/cycling distance of Underhill, but we may struggle with some vegan and gluten free products.
If you have any allergies or special dietary requirements let us know in advance and we’ll do our best to cater to you.
The menu ideas below are just suggestions, don’t feel bound to stick to them, ask for whatever you like.
Traditional English Breakfast
- Cumberland Sausage
- Hash brown
- Curly Cumberland Sausage
- Sour Dough Crumpet
- Poached Egg
- Pea Shoots
- Lorne (Square) Sausage
- Potato scone
- Scotch Pancake
- Scrambled Egg
We also offer vegetarian versions of the above traditional, Neil & Vanessa breakfasts.
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese & green leaves
- Bacon, lettuce & tomato
- Mushroom & spinach
- Roasted peppers & cream cheese
- Bacon, egg & cheese
- Square sausage, egg & cheese
- Vegetarian bacon, egg & cheese
- Soya patty, egg & cheese
- Black Pudding on a crumpet with spinach & a Poached egg.
- Haggis on a crumpet with spinach & a Poached egg.
- Smoked salmon & scrambled egg on top of a toasted muffin
- Smoked haddock & Poached Egg
- Vegetable Bake, Vegan Sausage, Mushrooms, Spinach, Plum Tomatoes, Beans